Currently, in the shadow of the fierce competition, EC adopts a marketing policy primarily focusing on developing the local market and increasing the efficiency and capabilities of its sales body; that is in order to ensure satisfying the smokers’ needs of tobacco products both in good time and at a suitable price. On its way to achieve this goal, the company does the following:
- Introducing new products at competitive prices, e.g. Cleopatra Black Label (Cigarette), Robusto and Mini Verona (Cigar). Also, other new brands, e.g. Cleopatra Queen (Soft & Hard Pack) and Cool (2 types), are going to be launched at different-tier prices matching with different customers’ needs and purchasing power. This is in a parallel with developing some already existing brands and reintroducing them into the local market in a new version, e.g. Mondial (3 types) and Cleopatra Box (2 types).
- Activating the currently existing distribution channels, and regularly reconsidering the trade refund system offered to our entrepreneurs (selling agents) and semi-wholesale traders in order to enforce their role and encourage them to activate sales.
- Developing distribution methods and relying upon a fleet of mini vehicles suitable for crossing narrow streets. This contributes to improving both the distribution system efficiency and the stakeholders’ perception about the company.
- Continuously developing its marketing sectors’ sales branches and affiliate offices commensurate with EC prestigious standing.
- Continuously developing both marketing information and data verification systems among the company sales branches and entrepreneurs (selling agents) throughout the country which, in turn, contributes to supporting marketing decisions.